Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunshine through the clouds…

 

I have finally been able to sit down and get ready to  blog some recent sessions today. We have had such a journey our family of late. We lost a family member in an exceptionally rapid illness and that had drawn my attention towards my children and husband for a time as well as being called away to Townsville for a couple of weeks. While it was a heart wrenching trip it was also a wonderful time to reconnect with family that we don't get to see very often and let our children play with their cousins – getting to know them a little bit more. I will admit that the 2 weeks of sunshine was difficult to leave coming home to our cold cold early winter! brr!

 

here are a few shots of out trip away reconnecting with one another after nearly a month apart. We were so pleased to be back together and a little bit of fun was in order for the 4 of us!

 

This was one of my boys absolutely favourite places to go. Totally free and it is this big water park on the Strand right on the beach. They could have spent hours and days there if we let them! The best thing was that the big bucket tipped over and totally flooded the area and like a tidal wave on their head!

 

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

There was of course beach play and sand castles built (see the stinger nets that surrounded the safe area – so glad they were there!)

IMG_0002 IMG_0011 IMG_9978 IMG_9986

And I love the look of palm trees at dusk. look on the ocean. love it. IMG_0259

 

And being the person (ahem photographer) I am I could not waste the opportunity to capture some portraits of my boys at the beach just having fun. I had a goal of not getting them wet.. but they are 4 and 6 do you think I succeeded……

 beachportraits20x20e

of course not. But I love each and every image – they had so much fun and that to me is what it was all about. I captured my children as they are right now. they are funny and quirky and fast and silly and totally boys who love to get wet and dirty covered in sand (I swear we took home half the beach that night lol)

 

 

and we could not go away without a night out a good restaurant. desserts and prawns what can I say I was in heaven!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA> <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA> <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA> <SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

more later! ♥j

0 comments made my day.:

Labels

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP