Saturday, June 5, 2010

A little bit of baking!

I have been really trying to make an effort baking more. Muffins and cakes are favourites here although I am yet to master biscuits I don't mind them either! Today being so brrr cold and with Caden looking very spotty (since he decided to catch chicken pox despite being vaccinated) I decided to try a new recipe – Anzac Muffins. This was the original recipe but I modified it to be gluten free for the boys and Mum who was visiting for the day.

 

DSC04166-2

The GF version:

Ingredients 

1cup GF SR Flour

1cup brown sugar

1tsp cinnamon

1 cup coconut

1-1.5 cups of rice flakes

1 egg

1cup milk

1 cup grated apple

 

Method:

1. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, rice flakes and coconut together.

2. Into a centre well pour in egg, milk and apple (mixed together)

3. spoon into muffin trays

4. Bake at 200 C for 20 min.

 

It made 12 normal size and 12 mini muffins.

I think next time I might sprinkle some extra brown sugar on top while it cooks and give it a sweeter crunch on top!

 

enjoy J

0 comments made my day.:

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP