Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bushfires

This is one of the most horrific tragedies that I can recall on such a scale in my lifetime. I was emailed this link to the Boston.com site that has gathered some of the most phenomenal, poignant and heartbreaking photos to come out of the last ten days in Victoria. I look that these photos and am amazed at the courage that these people faced then and are still facing today. They are always in my thoughts and these images just bring back how amazingly beautiful something as terrifying as out of control fires can be. Congratulations to the bravery of those men and women who have saved countless lives and homes in their battles with this beast of nature.

 

  J

1 comments made my day.:

Amy February 18, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

Wow, I just went through all of the photos on that site and am so saddened by this devastation. I sure hope this fires are out now, so sad...

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP