Sunday, February 22, 2009

Out of my comfort zone part 2

We hit the botanical gardens today. My MIL is here and with such lovely weather we figured why not. Since the area is gorgeous and the family were amenable to letting me play with my camera I tried to again set some different shots up. My goals were to experiment using the flash. I was trying out my 75-300mm lens today so that I wasn't in the face of my kids trying to get the shots and trying to get more natural looking photos. I was happy with quite a few of these again today. I tried the fill flash and used the A mode again.

SONY DSCSONY DSCwith fill flash

 SONY DSC  SONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSC

SONY DSC SONY DSC

 SONY DSCSONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSC<SONY DSC

this last photo I SOOOOOO over exposed it but this was about the best I could recover it. The B&W hid a few of the bad contrast/colour probs but since this is the only one I have of the two of them together it will have to suffice. I aim to try and play with it a bit more later!

4 comments made my day.:

Reds February 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Think you did great! Looks like you had a great day!

Unknown February 23, 2009 at 3:09 AM  

Great photos! Looks like you had fun with your lens.

andrea blair | photography February 23, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

I'm so jealous of your sunshine! Looks like a fun day :)

Amy February 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Looks like you all had a great time, I just love the horizontal one of your dd and ds! And that blue bird is so pretty! :)

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP