Sunday, January 10, 2010

feeling crafty...

making blog boardnew hats

I've been on a bit of craft kick lately. I have sewn panties  and halfway through  anew camera strap cover plus I finally got around to finishing off the cocoon plus a couple of new hats as well. I decided today that I am going to teach myself how to crochet mmm we will have to see how that goes .

enjoy J

8 comments made my day.:

Anissa January 10, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

I wish I knew how to do that! My sister is having a baby in Sept. and would love to have stuff like that to take her picture!
To cute!

Kim January 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

I am so impressed, Jodie! And slightly jealous of your mad knitting skills. GAH! I have to ask, though, how do you get your pom poms so fluffy? Specifically the green and pink hat. Yep, very impressed with the crafting gene! :)

Jodie January 10, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

Annissa - I use the knifty knitter so they are super easy to punch out they only take about an hour all at once to do it. I think there was some talk that michaels has them on special at the moment.

Kim - the pompoms are so super easy. Heather B taught me! You just wrap the wool around your fingers till you get it as thick as you want them then tie them around the middle and trim them to the length you want. I vary between 3 and 4 fingers and since she taught me that I get great looking pompoms.

Nicki January 11, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

I am so embarrassed to say how many sewing machines I've had and gotten rid of - plus the one sitting in my laundry room ...covered ... unused...neglected. Soo embarrassed! I love the hats and am fighting the urge because I just can't imagine my teenagers wearing any of the hats. But you keep busy and share so I can live vicariously.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) January 11, 2010 at 2:16 AM  

Wow you sure have been busy. I just love all the hats so cute.

pat January 11, 2010 at 3:00 AM  

My goodness, you HAVE been busy! I used to know how to knit, but that skill fell by the wayside decades ago... Love that last hat with the long tail and pompom. Your model is divine!

Chell January 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Love your Model... I have been itching to do more crafting but all my stuff is in storage, it is great looking at all you crafts, Love them all.

bprincephoto January 11, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

I wish I could do that too. Love the baby cocoon. Great hats.

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP