Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The quick recipe for peace and quiet

For a little while at least! Since this morning was so ridiculously hot that the air conditioner didn't seem to be working very well the boys were going stir crazy and driving me up the wall too. Out came the big guns... my 1 minute quick recipe to make playdoh. I basically follow the recipe on the creme of tartar box but quarter it so that I can do more colours and I substitute boiling water for cooking on the stove. Super dooper easy. it has kept them quiet and occupied for ages!

IMG_0014IMG_0015 IMG_0017IMG_0026IMG_0019

Probably should have cropped the last one to hide the clutter but that is our life!

enjoy a little bit of our morning!

 

20 comments made my day.:

pat January 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Clutter? What clutter? I just see the evidence of a normal life. That made a HUGE amount of PlayDoh for a quartered recipe! Looks like they had a lot of fun!!!

k January 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

That looks like a TON OF FUN!

Jodie January 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Oh I should clarify - each ball = the quatered recipe. The recipe calls for 2 cups of flour 4tbs Creme of tartar, 2 tbs oil, 1 cup salt, 2 cups of water and food colouring and to stir it all is too much, so I like the 1/4 recipe and it gives a good ball. I just figured they need a heap of colours - well they squished into 1 ball in about 5 minutes Lol!

Thanks for looking :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) January 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Cool shots of all the color. I bet they enjoyed themselves.

bprincephoto January 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Love the colors!

Anissa January 12, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

My kids love the stuff! I go through so much play doh!
Great shots!

annabelle January 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Just look how into it they are. Your colors are so yummy my 2 yr old would be eating it lol :) Great shots, so fun!

Suzy January 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

I want to try it! Great capture! Looks like theyre having so much fun! Is that a tarp to keep it on?

Mandy January 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

WOW...this is so awesome. I love love love all the colors. I am going to make this today...katie has truly been going stir crazy around here too with all of this snow.

Yolanda January 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

Great shots! Love that second one. I don't see clutter, I see life... and it's all good ;)

Nicki January 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

I LOVE your composition on your first shot - and TOTALLY relate to the clutter that is real life of your last. Good thinking on making play dough - always entertaining (even for the photographer mom!) :)

Reds January 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

How fun - great way to spend a hot day!

Denita January 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Playdoh is a great way to keep little hands busy - I even like to get my big-girl hands in it sometimes! LOVE the colors!

janett January 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

I don't think I even realized you could make playdoh! I may have to try it! Great shots, too! :)

tori January 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

That looks like a ton of fun!

Bobbi January 13, 2010 at 4:14 AM  

Homemade playdoh-who knew??! I am so going to have to try this (does it smell like brand play-doh cause I love that smell)

What a great activity for the kids!

Kelly January 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

How creative to make the play dough! Love your captures, the DOF on the one shot is awesome

Jodie January 13, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

Bobbi - unfortunately it doesnt smell like bought playdoh - I like that smell too and it is a bit grainier than the other too but I figure for a quick easy thing that the kids can make as well it works for me.
Suzy - the tarp thingy - is acutally a outdoor snakes and ladders game mat that we gave the kids ofr christmas in 08. They never really played the game but is is awsome as a ground cover. it is about 1.5 x 1.5m and fits in all our rooms really handy!

Anonymous January 13, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

Playdough is such fun and you are smart to put a blanket down! My 11yo still plays with it:)

Tami January 13, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Yes, I remember these days! The colors are so vibrant! And they look like they are having a great time! Evidence of a truly creative mom!

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP