Friday, January 22, 2010

just for fun for me

since I was home all by myself today I was working on editing and we shall call it research and skill building :P on the net today but then the monthly challenge popped into my head again. Well this month was yellow and I have been racking my brains for something different to shoot that was yellow. So,... I propped Caden's bike up on the yellow bin lid and shot this...

IMG_0001-2 5x7

lots and lots of yellow there! well after I had done that I looked sideways next to my desk and low and behold ... a Tweety, and Elmo in a yellow car, a monkey dressed in a yep you guessed it a yellow shirt, a yellow poponz bale of hay and of course a yellow lizard. So much for my powers of observation... But wait it didn't stop there I looked outside and what did I see? the sandpit full and yes it is full of yellow Tonka trucks.

Anyway I am happy with my entry for the challenge!

 

while I was outside there were some very cool cloud formations in the brilliant blue sky so I shot them too :)IMG_0019-1IMG_0021-1IMG_0024-1

and I didn't stop there I was on a roll - exposing properly in manual no less I am getting more confident with it! Gonna have to try people again though!

I looked down and nestled in the grass was a heap of tiny purple and white flowers that I think are clover but I digress and they had bees.

Now it is here that I wish for a macro lens as they would have been way better focus wise. But still I really like the cool effect of the DOF created by the wide open aperture!

 IMG_9996-2

and I just love love love the colours in our neighbours trees against that bright sky!

IMG_9987-1

enjoy J

6 comments made my day.:

Yolanda January 22, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Love the blue sky photo's! Great job.

Reds January 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

You are welcome!! And all that green and blue sky make me so jealous here!!! Beautiful shots!

Anonymous January 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

All that blue! I am used to having htat as well, in CA, but it has been a very gray January :( I can't wait to shoot in the sun again but looking at your photos make me feel happy!

Suzy January 23, 2010 at 4:03 AM  

I love that yellow shot! Very creative! And look at that pretty sky!

Margaret January 23, 2010 at 6:38 AM  

That yellow shot is great. Love the composition and creativity of it. Such blue sky in your other shots! Wow!!!

Tracie January 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

These are just beautiful Jodie, love the blue skies!

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Visitors

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP